Erin Graves, LCSW
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
“I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being.” Hafiz
No matter how stuck or overwhelmed you may feel, you are not alone. From time to time, we all experience dissatisfaction with relationships, loneliness, stress, indecision and self-criticism.
Do you wish to learn practical tools to reduce stress, improve coping and increase enjoyment of life? Do you long to experience less self-criticism? Do you want to feel less anxiety and more ease in social settings? Are you hoping to set boundaries with more confidence? Do you wish to deepen your meditation or mindfulness practice? Do you long to feel less reactivity and more inner peace?
Using a supportive, yet practical approach, I will guide you through a customized therapeutic process based on your specific goals. I consider myself to be an “integrational” therapist blending the philosophy of eastern wisdom traditions, research-based psychotherapy practices and motivational coaching techniques into our work together. As a previous school teacher and hospital employee, I understand the multiple stressors associated with being in a helping profession. I specialize in supporting helping professionals who are experiencing stress, burnout or compassion fatigue.
Click the link below to read Erin's blog entitled "Mindful Meditation: A simple way to reduce anxiety and increase inner peace"
Erin specializes in:
- Burnout and compassion fatigue among helping professionals such as teachers, medical personnel and first responders
- Women's self-esteem, identity and life transition
- Stress management, self-care and work-life balance
- Social anxiety and panic disorder
- Identification of limiting beliefs and goal setting
- Finding opportunity and growth in challenging circumstances
- Conscious communication skills and boundary setting
- Grief and loss
- EMDR levels I & II
- Thriving as an introvert in an extroverted world
- Relationship issues
- Meditation and mindfulness instruction
Education and Specialized Training:
- MSW from University of Southern California, Los Angeles
- BA in Anthropology from University of California, Berkeley
- Chopra Center Certified Meditation and Perfect Health Ayurveda Instructor
- Completion of Certified Affiliate in Cognitive Therapy program expected 2017
- EMDR Level I & II Trained
Registration and Membership:
- Registered California Associate Clinical Social Worker #60986
- Member, National Association of Social Workers